- Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
DATA.GOV.HK is an online web interface provided by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the “Government”) to the public for obtaining certain public sector information.
Use of Data on DATA.GOV.HK
You are allowed to browse, download, distribute, reproduce, hyperlink to, and print in their original format the Data for both commercial and non-commercial purposes on a free-of-charge basis on condition that:-
- you shall identify clearly the source of the Data and acknowledge the Government ownership of the intellectual property rights in the Data and in all copies thereof including but not limited to paper copies, digital copies and copies placed on other websites;
- you shall indemnify the Government against any allegations or claims of infringement of the rights of any person and all costs, losses, damages and liabilities incurred by the Government, which in any case arise directly or indirectly in relation to your use, reproduction and/or distribution of the Data;
- You shall also give proper attribution to the Government and DATA.GOV.HK.
In paragraph 3, “commercial purposes” includes without limitation the following:
- an offer to supply goods, services, facilities, land or an interest in land;
- an offer to provide a business opportunity or an investment opportunity;
- an advertisement or promotion of goods, services, facilities, land or an interest in land;
- an advertisement or promotion of a business opportunity or an investment opportunity;
- an advertisement or promotion of a supplier, or a prospective supplier, of goods, services, facilities, land or an interest in land; and
- an advertisement or promotion of a provider, or a prospective provider, of a business opportunity or an investment opportunity,
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Data are provided by the Government and other organisations to you on an “AS IS” basis. No statement, representation or warranty of any kind (whether express or implied) is given by the Government or the relevant organisations in relation to the Data (including the accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, reliability, security, timeliness and appropriateness of the Data for use in any particular circumstances). The Government or the relevant organisations shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (express or implied), concerning any Data, and shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the Data, or any inability to use the Data.
The Government shall not be liable for any loss, destruction or damage howsoever arising out of or in relation to any transmission from you to the Government or vice versa over the Internet.
The Government shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the Data. The Government reserves the right to revise, omit, edit or suspend the provision of the Data at any time in its absolute discretion without giving any reason or prior notice to any person (including you).
The Government does not undertake to provide any updated version of the Data and reserves the right to suspend the provision of the Data at any time.
Linked Information and other Third-Party Websites
DATA.GOV.HK may provide or assist in providing links to third-party websites through the “Linked Information webpage” or other parts of the web interface. The links are produced solely as a convenience to users of DATA.GOV.HK. Provision of, or assistance in providing, any links at DATA.GOV.HK to any third-party website does not give rise to any statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that the Government agrees with, approves, recommends or endorses the contents of any such third-party websites. The provision of any links to third-party websites shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation with the Government of any such third parties or external websites. The Government shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever arising from or in respect of your use or misuse of or reliance on, or inability to use such links to any third-party website or your use or reliance on the contents of any such third-party websites. You should refer to the terms and conditions of each such third-party website when using such website.
The Government may record visits to DATA.GOV.HK without collecting your personal data. Information relating to visits to DATA.GOV.HK are collected by the Government for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with or concerning computer systems.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated, the Government is the owner of the intellectual property rights in all contents available on DATA.GOV.HK, including but not limited to all Data.
Version 1.0 (last updated on 22 July 2019)